Here is another tutorial I dug up that was created by my wife at least 14 years ago back when we were still dating. She is an avid DIY’er with a reputation of being a crafty hacker type…with yarn and fabric instead of a keyboard and software. Before things like pre-sensitized screens were a thing it was pretty complicated to try making your own screens at home. My wife came up with this solution in the PDF linked below. At the time, this tutorial blew up on craft message boards, and over the years I’ve seen a few variations of this method. I haven’t tried it on electronics enclosures because it’s hard to use this method with that amount of detail, but some of you might be more brave than me.
Here are some Amazon links to items listed in the tutorial.
- 10″ embroidery hoop $2.49
- Paintbrush multi-pack $4.73
- Speedball screen printing ink $6.41
- Mod Podge $7.47
- 12-pack of various Gildan t-shirts $30.72
- Old nylons (get them from your mom/wife/girlfriend/grandma/neighbor)